Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cool and assumptions

What is being cool???
When do u refer to a person as being cool??
When should a person actually be referred to as "cool"????
I am a branded fool myself along with numerous others that I know. I would buy a piece of clothing with out a tag though I know its as good as a piece of clothing with a branded tag. I previously thought wearing branded clothes, sporty shoes made a person cool. It could make a person trendy but not necessarily cool .What I think makes a person cool is when he or she can laugh even when the situation is tough, instead of sulking within oneself. But then laughing at a situation just to prove to other people that you are cool, is cheating yourself in the long run, because eventually will come a point when you have a tough situation and you have nobody to look up to or share. If at that point you can come up smiling like you always did, I will then agree that that person is genuinely cool. I thought to myself I was a very cool person myself, being able to laugh at any situation. But like I said before, I found out pretty soon I wasn't as cool as I thought I was. I was cheating myself and probably others too. I say others, because, they come up with this assumption that you were a cool person, while in fact you weren't. With all this said, what is that I wanted to put forward???. Never assume anything about a person. Even if you did, do not let that assumption affect your action or behavior towards that person. I have understood that even a person that you have known for a very long time may not be the actual person you thought you knew. I started thinking about people and personalities. my decisions, their reactions. I never did that before. My natural instincts might eventually catch up with me. I might again start behaving the way I used to previously, not caring what others thought or cared. I wish I can get back to that normal self ASAP.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

late but nevertheless.... how do you know here what your natural instinct is, buddy? Is your prev. self the actual you or the current? I'd like to say your natural instinct is to change your current self in comparison w/your prev. self... not just yours but ours...bodhapadinda?

Sagi said...

Probably what i have been doing for the last 24 yrs could be called my natural instincts. Also i never used to think twice to say something, now i do. and ur probably right in what u said too

Pete Something said...

Sagi boy, its grt that ur analyzing people and their characters, but dont get carried away with too much thinking abt others.
Can't believe we got the same gene to speak out our minds...for that i say Jai to Komarigiri gene club.hehehe

Sagi said...

Pete,
I will try not to get carried away.
But I do agree with you about the Komaragiri Clan